Here is a list of possible candidates whose names have been circulating for the AG’s race (in alphabetical order):
- Stephen Archambault – (d) – Smithfield Councilman, Lincoln Prosecutor, Criminal Defense Attorney and former Jamestown Police Officer. More on him here.
- Joseph Fernandez – Former RI Obama co-chair and current City Solicitor for Providence who had submitted his name for US Attorney and several other federal appointments. More on him here.
- Peter Kilmartin (d) – State Representative from Pawtucket and current House Majority Whip. More info on his possible candidacy via the Phoenix here.
- Robert Rainville (d) – Self-described “conservative Democrat,” Rainville is a former probate court judge in West Warwick, lobbyist and is currently a lawyer in East Greenwich.
- Stacey Pires Veroni (d) – Chief of the Attorney General’s Criminal Division and current candidate for a Superior Court judgeship.
- Christopher Little (m) – Little is the candidate of the Moderate Party of Rhode Island.
- Erik Wallin (r) – former Assistant Attorney General and current private practitioner in Wakefield. More on him here.
Note that Archambault and Fernandez are the only candidates who have made their intentions public. And also note that, just like in 1998, this could be the most exciting race in the Primary Election.