Fresh off my odds-making for the 2010 Governor’s race, here is the final round of 2008 campaign finance reports for possible gubernatorial candidates (from 10/1/2008 through 12/31/2008).
- Raised $151k and has a current Cash on Hand of $1.1 million.
- Raised $121k and has a current Cash on Hand of $685k.
- Raised $120k and has a current Cash on Hand of $392k.
- Raised $46k, loaned her campaign $100k and has a current Cash on Hand of $255k.
- Raised $0k and has a current Cash on Hand of $98k.
- Raised $125 and has a current Cash on Hand of $60k.
Lincoln Chafee (I) – No Website and Facebook Page.
- Has an inactive state campaign organization.
What do these numbers tell us?
On the Democratic side, Frank Caprio clearly dominated the 2008 fundraising season. Kudos to his fundraiser Amy Gabarra for her great work. David Cicilline also had a great fundraising year and his fundraiser Brett Smiley is also owed props for his work. Both Patrick Lynch and Elizabeth Roberts struggled to raise money in the beginning of 2008, but Lynch really turned up the volume and ended the year on a high note both politically (with Obama winning) and financially (with nearly $400k in the bank). And the fact that Roberts loaned her campaign $100k shows that even she knows that she has to do a better job of raising money if she’s going to compete in 2010.
On the Republican side, no gubernatorial candidate was even able to break the $100k barrier.