In addition to the vacant RI judgeships discussed here, here, here and here, the Rhode Island legal community is awash in speculation about who is lining up to run for Attorney General in 2010. The current Attorney General, Patrick Lynch, is term-limited and running for Governor.
Here is a list of possible candidates whose names have been circulating for the AG’s race (in alphabetical order):
- Stephen Archambault – (d) – Smithfield Councilman, Lincoln Prosecutor, Criminal Defense Attorney and former Jamestown Police Officer. More on him here.
- Bob Craven (d) – Former counsel for Charlie Fogarty, Providence attorney and Charlestown town solicitor.
- Joseph Fernandez - Former RI Obama co-chair and current City Solicitor for Providence who had submitted his name for US Attorney and several other federal appointments. More on him here.
- Paul Jabour (d) – State Senator from Providence and former State Representative and former candidate for Mayor.
- Bill Lynch (d) – Chairman of the RI Democratic Party who had submitted his name for US Attorney. More on him here.
- Stacey Pires Veroni (d) – Chief of the Attorney General’s Criminal Division and current candidate for a Superior Court judgeship.
- Erik Wallin (r) – former Assistant Attorney General and current private practitioner in Wakefield. More on him here.
Just like 1998, this could be the most exciting race in the Primary Election.